Application Support & Monitoring:
1. Troubleshoot & provide resolution to user related problems that have been passed through Help Desk or directly from users.
2. Ensure SOP is followed when executing EOC & KM End of Day process.
3. Verification of backup media on regular basis.
4. Be proactive in providing quality service by giving process improvement suggestions.
5. Patch deployment as per the schedule.
6. Provide 2nd line support for the issues highlighted in Production.
7. Ensure batch uploads and process executions.
8. EOD/EOM process monitoring, issues handling, reporting and escalation to vendors.
9. UAT setup for the application before production rollout.
10. Ensure daily/monthly backups and their restoration procedures.
11. Ensure high availability of the applications.
12. Application Performance monitoring on daily basis.
Backup Support & Monitoring:
1. Manage storage, including security, space management, migrations, Performance and Tuning management.
2. Assign virtual disk, LUN mapping, Host Mapping with storage.
3. Establish, monitor, and enforce storage standards.
4. Monitor Storage Operations on storage and backup technologies and methodologies.
5. Audit configuration of storage environments per standards.
6. Assist in upgrade planning and procedures.
7. Provide input and trend information for storage capacity planning.
8. Develop long-term strategy for data retention and archival plan for storage needs; defines data retention, backup, and recovery for all data.
9. Troubleshoot and tune for system and performance problems; identifies and resolves information flow, content issues, and may assist with transformation of business requirements into technical requirements
10. Work with other infrastructure personnel to design proper hardware infrastructure.
11. Lead project planning activities, design meetings and architectural reviews.
12. Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), and document the source of problems and their resolution.
13. Recognize and analyze trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions to problems
14. Manage backup-related arrays, servers, software, San switches, SVC, HMC, VIO, LPAR, DLPAR, IVM and devices.
15. General troubleshooting of backup related issues.
16. Tune backup systems for optimal performance.
17. 18. Create/Maintain regular backup performance reports
18. 19. Capacity planning and hardware sizing for backup components
19. 20. Participate in the planning and implementing of disaster recovery and high availability solutions for critical systems
20. 21. Development and implementation of backup standards for all servers
21. 22. Documentation of the backup infrastructure
22. 23. Position may provide general guidance or direction or train junior level team members
23. 24. Must be available for 24-hour on call support on a rotating or emergency basis
24. 25. Assist with projects, as assigned.
1. Document all procedures, implementation plans, test plans and all system activities.
2. Document computer problems and resolutions for future reference.
3. Local processes with process maps already documented to be followed.
4. Maintain issues register, which would be worked upon until completion of every issue
Teamwork, Analytic Thinking